Landlords Contents Insurance

Landlords Contents Insurance

Compare landlords contents insurance quotes from leading providers with instant cover. Quick | Easy | BRISCO

Get A Quote

If you own a property that you rent out, you may want to take out contents insurance. This means you’ll be financially protected for any loss, theft, or damage to the furnishings or fittings of the property you let out. Even if your tenants are highly responsible, accidents can happen over the course of the lease. Contents insurance may mean that any damage is covered.

At Brisco Business, we work closely with landlords of all kinds to find an ideal landlord contents insurance policy that protects you and your tenants. Whether you want to protect furniture, televisions, or other devices, or just the carpets and fitted appliances, we can give you comprehensive protection for your property.

Compare quotes for landlord contents insurance along with many other types of Property Owners Insurance with Brisco Business now and find a policy with coverage to meet your needs.

Brisco offers a stress-free way to secure insurance compared to Landlords Contents Insurance brokers. Our streamlined platform allows you to effortlessly compare quotes from leading insurers, ensuring you find the ideal coverage at competitive rates. Save time, money, and hassle while using our platform to find the right insurance for your specific needs.

We partner with some of the UK’s most trusted landlords contents insurance providers, so that you can compare insurance quotes and choose the options that suit you best.

Brisco Business Insurance Selector

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4

Take a brisk walk to find the cover that suits your business best


Are you a property owner / landlord?

Yes No

What do you do?

Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any results for your term.

Please Contact Us and we can help you to find what you’re looking for.


Where do you mainly run your business from?

You should make sure the policy you choose meets your demands and needs during the quotation process.
Apply Online

Complete our simple quote form with basic details about your business

Get A Quote

Compare quotes from leading insurers and select the right policy for you

You’re Insured

Instantly activate your insurance and view your documents online

What contents insurance do landlords need?

Contents insurance is a broad umbrella term encompassing everything your property contains, from sofas and chairs to light fittings. Although you are not legally required to have contents insurance, it can be risky to go without it. Having a good insurance policy in place ensures you are covered if the contents of your property are damaged over the course of the tenancy.

What does a landlord’s contents insurance cover?

Contents insurance covers you for damage to the contents caused by fire, storm, flood, accidental damage, theft, or any loss of rent caused as a result of your damage. It can also provide new for old replacement of items that are beyond repair.

Who should pay contents insurance – landlords or tenants?

Generally speaking, you, as the landlord, will be responsible for any items within the property that belong to you.

Does that mean I must insure my tenant’s belongings?

No. Landlords contents insurance only covers items that belong to you. Your tenants may choose to take out separate insurance to cover their own belongings.

Do I need landlord content insurance?

While it isn’t a legal requirement like buildings insurance, landlords contents insurance is a good idea if you’re leaving items in a property, such as furniture or homeware, for your tenants to use. Even if your property isn’t fully furnished by you, this policy can cover carpets and fitted appliances too. You can rest assured knowing the items you’ve left for your tenants to make use of are protected should anything happen to them.

Is It Worth Getting Contents Insurance?

Contents insurance is not a legal requirement, but it is something you may want to consider if you’re a tenant or a landlord. Contents insurance will cover your belongings in the event of damage, theft, or fire.

As a landlord, you may also want to consider taking out building insurance to cover the physical structure of your property.

Is Tenants Liability Insurance Included In Contents Insurance?

No, tenant liability insurance is not included in contents insurance. Tenants liability insurance covers things like accidental damage to the property, while contents insurance covers your belongings.

How to get cheap landlord content insurance?

• Shop Around: Begin by obtaining multiple quotes from different insurance providers. The insurance market in the UK is competitive, and prices can vary significantly between providers.

• Choose the Right Level of Cover: Ensure you’re not over-insuring. Calculate the value of the contents you wish to insure accurately. Remember, you only need to cover items that belong to you, not the tenant’s belongings.

• Increase Your Excess: By agreeing to pay a higher excess (the amount you pay towards a claim), you can often reduce your premium. However, ensure the excess is an amount you can comfortably afford.

• Bundle Your Insurance: Some insurers offer discounts if you take out multiple policies with them. Consider bundling your content insurance with landlord insurance or other types of coverage.

• No Claims Discount: If you haven’t made a claim in a few years, you might be eligible for a no claims discount. Always check with your insurer if this is applicable.

• Secure Your Property: Enhancing the security of your property can reduce the risk of theft or damage. Installing burglar alarms, fire alarms, and secure locks can sometimes lead to discounts on your premium.

• Regularly Review Your Policy: As the value of your contents changes or if you make security upgrades to your property, it’s essential to review your policy. This ensures you’re not overpaying for coverage you no longer need.

• Consider a Specialist Broker: Some brokers specialise in landlord insurance and might have access to exclusive deals or discounts not available directly.

• Pay Annually: If you can afford to, consider paying for your insurance annually rather than monthly. This can often result in a discount.

• Check for Membership Discounts: If you’re a member of a landlord association or other professional bodies, you might be eligible for exclusive insurance discounts.

Remember, while it’s essential to find an affordable policy, it’s equally crucial to ensure you have the right level of cover to protect your assets. Always read the terms and conditions of any insurance policy carefully.

What counts as the landlord’s contents?

In the UK, “landlord’s contents” refers to the items provided by the landlord in a rented property that are not permanently attached or fixed to the property. This typically includes:

Furniture: This encompasses items such as sofas, chairs, dining tables, beds, wardrobes, and other movable furniture pieces.
Appliances: White goods such as fridges, freezers, ovens, washing machines, and microwaves that are provided by the landlord for the tenant’s use.
Soft Furnishings: Items like curtains, blinds, carpets, and rugs.
Decorative Items: This can include items like lamps, mirrors, pictures, and ornaments.
Kitchenware: Pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, and other kitchen utensils provided for the tenant’s use.
Electronics: Televisions, radios, and other electronic devices that are part of the rental agreement.
Garden Equipment: If the property has a garden and the landlord provides tools or furniture for it, these would also be considered contents. This can include lawnmowers, garden furniture, and BBQ equipment.

It’s important to note that a landlord’s contents insurance typically does not cover the personal belongings of the tenant. Landlords are advised to have a clear inventory of all items provided in the property at the start of a tenancy to ensure they are adequately covered by their insurance policy. Tenants, on the other hand, should consider taking out their own contents insurance to cover their personal belongings.

Our Reviews

Property Owners Insurance Start A New Property Owners Quote Retrieve A Quote