Landlords Buildings Insurance

Landlords Buildings Insurance

Compare landlords buildings insurance quotes from leading providers with instant cover. Quick | Easy | BRISCO

Get A Quote

If you own a property which you rent out, you will need to take our buildings insurance. This means you’ll be financially protected for any loss, theft or damage to the buildings of the property you let out. Without buildings insurance you will be left to foot the bill if your property is damaged or destroyed by fire for example.

At Brisco Business, we work closely with landlords of all kinds to find an ideal landlords buildings insurance policy which protects your financial interests. Whether you want to protect just the building or you want to include cover for property owners liability, alternative accommodation or loss of rent, we can give you comprehensive protection for your property.

Compare quotes for landlords buildings insurance along with many other types of Property Owners Insurance with Brisco Business now and find a policy with covers to meet your needs.

We partner with some of the UK’s most trusted landlords buildings insurance providers, so that you can compare insurance quotes and choose the options that suit you best.

Brisco Business Insurance Selector

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4

Take a brisk walk to find the cover that suits your business best


Are you a property owner / landlord?

Yes No

What do you do?

Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any results for your term.

Please Contact Us and we can help you to find what you’re looking for.


Where do you mainly run your business from?

You should make sure the policy you choose meets your demands and needs during the quotation process.
Apply Online

Complete our simple quote form with basic details about your business

Get A Quote

Compare quotes from leading insurers and select the right policy for you

You’re Insured

Instantly activate your insurance and view your documents online

What buildings insurance do landlords need?

Buildings insurance is a wide umbrella term encompassing everything that forms part of the building at your property and this will also include the grounds of your premises, any outbuildings, garages and annexes.  Although you are not legally required to have buildings insurance, it can be risky to go without. Having a good insurance policy in place ensures you are covered if your property is damaged or destroyed.

What will I be insured against?

Buildings insurance covers you for damage to your building caused by fire, storm, flood, accidental damage and any loss of rent caused as a result of the damage. Alternative accommodation costs for your tenants will often also be included.

Who should pay buildings insurance – landlords or tenants?

Generally speaking you, as the landlord, will be responsible for any damage to the property which belongs to you.  The only exception will be where a landlord has made a tenant responsible for insuring the building under the terms of their lease.

Will a standard home insurance policy cover my rented property?

Your home insurance will likely not cover your rented properties. This is because you won’t be able to visit the properties regularly, tenants might not pay attention to maintenance issues like damp, they may also be careless and treat the building poorly, and you could be personally liable if a tenant is injured inside your property. Standard home insurance policies aren’t designed for your specific needs as a landlord.

Our Reviews

Property Owners Insurance Start A New Property Owners Quote Retrieve A Quote