Commercial Landlord Insurance

Commercial Landlord Insurance

Compare commercial landlord insurance quotes from leading providers with instant cover. Quick | Easy | BRISCO

Get A Quote

If you own a property that you lease out to a commercial enterprise, whether that’s a restaurant, retail outlet, factory, or any other non-residential building, taking out commercial landlord’s insurance is essential. As a commercial landlord, your liabilities are vastly different from those of residential landlords, with far more people coming and going, adding a higher level of risk.

At Brisco Business, we help commercial landlords tailor the ideal insurance policy to suit their business and their tenants. Whether you require insurance for just the building or the contents as well, our commercial landlords insurance can give you the comprehensive protection you need for your property.

Compare quotes for commercial landlord insurance and many other types of property owner insurance with Brisco Business now and find a policy with coverage to meet your needs.

Brisco is the optimal choice over Commercial Landlord Insurance brokers when securing your insurance. Compare quotes from leading insurers easily to find the most suitable coverage at competitive prices. Save time and money while using our platform to find the right insurance, without the limitations often faced with Commercial Landlord Insurance brokers.

We partner with some of the UK’s most trusted commercial landlord insurance providers, so that you can compare insurance quotes and choose the options that suit you best.

Brisco Business Insurance Selector

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4

Take a brisk walk to find the cover that suits your business best


Are you a property owner / landlord?

Yes No

What do you do?

Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any results for your term.

Please Contact Us and we can help you to find what you’re looking for.


Where do you mainly run your business from?

You should make sure the policy you choose meets your demands and needs during the quotation process.
Apply Online

Complete our simple quote form with basic details about your business

Get A Quote

Compare quotes from leading insurers and select the right policy for you

You’re Insured

Instantly activate your insurance and view your documents online

What insurance do commercial landlords need?

Commercial landlords insurance is an umbrella term that comprises a number of different key policies to keep your property safe. Although there is no legal requirement for commercial landlords to have this cover in place, it is useful to consider buildings insurance to protect the premises, property owners’ liability insurance, and landlord contents insurance to provide protection in the event that anything within the building becomes damaged or gets stolen.  You can also be covered in the event that your tenants are left unable to pay rent, as well as any accidental damages caused by tenants.

Who should pay insurance on commercial properties – landlords or tenants?

Insurance for the building is generally the responsibility of commercial landlords rather than tenants, regardless of whether or not you are responsible for the business being run from the building itself. As a tenant, you will then insure your own business stock, contents, and liabilities.

Do commercial landlords need liability insurance?

Absolutely. Although you will trust your tenants enough to accept their renting your commercial property, that doesn’t mean that accidents can’t happen, particularly when it comes to customers or guests. You will also be responsible for the majority of upkeep and repair work that needs to be done to your commercial property, so it is critical to have comprehensive coverage in place in case these lead to damages.

How much does commercial landlord insurance cost?

The price of your commercial landlord insurance depends on several factors. These include everything from the level of cover you’d like and how valuable your belongings are to how secure your property is and where it is located. Essentially, the more likely you are to make a claim on your policy, the more it will cost, such as if it is situated in a high-crime area.

Is There A Difference Between Commercial And Residential Landlord Insurance?

Indeed, they do. Commercial landlord insurance typically encompasses coverage for business interruption and loss of rent, along with tenant damage. On the other hand, residential landlord insurance primarily offers protection against liability, loss of rent, and tenant-induced damages.

Our Reviews

Property Owners Insurance Start A New Property Owners Quote Retrieve A Quote